E-mobility: Risks and challenges for insurance companies
HV technology has long since gained a foothold in hybrid and fully electric vehicles, from passenger vehicles to many types of commercial vehicles and even buses. It offers a wide range of opportunities, as well as well-known risks which have hardly been examined until now, for manufacturers, distributors, operators and users, and in case of accidents, for emergency personnel and insurers as well.
Our new webinar series will examine interesting, current and controversial topics in the area of e-mobility.
In this webinar,
- Daniel Wuhrmann, our Head of Mobility; and
- Gerald Sobota, Head of Operations Transportation Technologies at Intertek KJ Tech Services;
will highlight selected overarching legal and technical issues in the area of e-mobility, with a particular focus on developers and manufacturers and the installation of charging infrastructure for public space and the private sector.
- overview and basic understanding of liability-related aspects in the development and manufacture of e-mobility products;
- challenges associated with communication and documentation of the "state of the art" in science and engineering, as well as "testing";
- definition of "high-voltage" vehicles;
- risks associated with handling by the vehicle owner;
- safety and fire risk due to improper use;
- this webinar is intended for all industry insurers dealing with the issue of safety, in business liability insurance, technical insurance, D&O insurance, cyber insurance and product liability/product recall insurance.