The European Union (EU) is spinning an increasingly dense web of legal requirements for the cyber security of machinery. There are requirements for certain types of products, such as radio equipment, but also regulations, such as the Cyber Resilience Act, which will apply to all digital products in the future. With the NIS‑2 directive, the cyber security of companies is also coming more into legal focus. The webinar gives participants an overview of the legal requirements for cyber security of machinery and manufacturers and the necessary steps to implement the new requirements in practice.
Session 1: Legal requirements
Speaker: Stefan Hessel, Head of Digital Business, reuschlaw
- Overview: Cybersecurity requirements for machinery
- Deep dive: EU Cyber Resilience Act and EU NIS‑2 Directive
- Lawyer’s tip: Cybersecurity Compliance Management
Session 2: Implementation and Cybersecurity Program Structure
Speaker: Tobias Gabler, Munich Consulting Group GmbH and Dr. Guy Sagy
- The importance of Cybersecurity Program
- Key Building blocks: Risk Assessment, Development Processes, Vulnerability Management, Supply Chain Security
- First Step: Process implementation and gap analysis
The event will be held as a webinar on May 5th, 2023 from 4pm‑5:30pm using Zoom video conferencing software.