Who is liable for digital products?
EU Cybersecurity Act vs. cyber-resilience
An article by Philipp Reusch at computerwoche.de
Who is liable for digital products? Whilst this question has been resolved in respect of physical products, there are not many clear regulations when it comes to cyber-security. The EU's draft Cybersecurity Act, which was published at the end of 2017 and is scheduled to come into force at the end of 2018, may provide some answers.
Where the really big gaps are with regard to cyber-security and what this means for all those involved – manufacturers and operators alike – Philipp Reusch looks at the following issues in his article:
- no uniform cyber-security concept in the EU
- EU considerations on cyber-security
- the dividing line between manufacturer and user
- redistributing responsibility
- legally unresolved so far: loss or damage on third party premises
[15 May 2018]