Business Brunch Mobile health
Focus on mHealth: medical apps, the Medical Device Directive and data protection
Business Brunch with Miriam Schuh and Dr. Carlo Piltz on 3 November 2017 in Augsburg
Manufacturers of medical software and health apps are asking themselves whether or not their product qualifies as a medical device. The border between a ‘mere’ lifestyle app and a medical app – and thus also a medical device – is often unclear. If it is a medical device, it has been necessary to pay heed to the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) since May 2017. If the product is manufactured, classified or labelled in a way that does not conform to the MDR, the manufacturer may be exposed to major liability risks.
At our business brunch on 3 November 2017 in Augsburg we would like to discuss this topic with you and look into questions such as
- What kinds of software qualify as medical devices?
- How do lifestyle apps differ from medical apps?
- What impacts does the new MDR have on medical software?
- What risks do medical software and medical apps entail in terms of data protection law?
- What liability risks does the new DSGVO entail?
We look forward to discussing these topics with you at our Business Brunch.