This course will provide a thorough introduction to European information technology law.
Areas of law
Media Law, Intellectual Property Law, Information Technology Law
- Internet regulation in the European Union
- Role, responsibility, and accountability of online platforms
- Regulating e‑commerce in Europe
- Information technologies and intellectual property law
- EU legal framework applicable to data: sui generis protection of databases, trade secrets protection, free flow of data, data privacy in the digital world, data concentration
- Online and smart contracts
- Private international law and information technologies
Christina Kiefer will speak here on 13 September from 3:15 pm on the topic of “Cybersecurity for the Cloud and the Internet of Things.”
Visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg
Participants will also have the opportunity to attend a hearing at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.
Who should attend?
Practitioners seeking an introduction to European information technology law
The ERA Summer Course on European Information Technology Law is an event of the Academy of European Law.
Further information on the programme and registration can be found here.back