Attorney at law
Attorney at law
Head of the machine construction & consumer goods industries departments
regulatory affairs and market measures
Assistant lecturer on product liability and product safety at the RWTH in Aachen
T > + 49 30 / 2332 895 0
E > firstname.lastname@example.org
The emphasis in his consulting work is on national and international industrial enterprises in the machine construction, automotive supply and consumer goods industries. Philipp Reusch is an expert in the field of (international) product liability, product safety, compliance management and recall management. Other points of emphasis in his work as a legal consultant are insurance law, data protection and cyber security, and litigation. Based on his many years of practice in product liability law, Philipp Reusch has developed a range of specific consultancy products. They centre around the hybridisation of quality management and law, by implementing product compliance in companies’ process landscapes in the long term to cater to the dynamism and growing demands of digitalisation and Industry 4.0.
Following his training as a clerk in industry, Philipp Reusch studied law and economics in Saarbrücken. Having begun his professional career as a attorney in a law firm oriented toward middle-sized companies, he founded the first office of Reusch Rechtsanwälte in Saarbrücken in 2004, with the opening of the Berlin office following in 2013.
Awards & publications
From 2009 to 2019 he was voted Best Lawyers® Product Liability Litigation by ‘Best Lawyers’. In 2016, Finance Monthly honoured him with the award ‘lawyer of the year’ in the field of product liability for Germany. From 2017 to 2019 he was listed as best lawyer in the field of product liability by the Handelsblatt (Deutschlands beste Anwälte). In the commercial law firm handbook 'The Legal 500 Deutschland', reuschlaw Legal Consultants are right up in the top ranks of product liability. In the issue 2018/2019 of Kanzleimonitor, the market overview published by the Federal Association of Corporate Attorneys (BUJ), reuschlaw Legal Consultants have been recommended as a 'hidden champion' in the field of data protection law.
Assistant lecturer in product liability and product safety at the RWTH in Aachen, Philipp Reusch is the author of numerous specialist publications (selection):
- Article in 'Telemedicus', February 2019: "Artificial intelligence and product liability". Telemedicus e.V.: Münster
- Publication in the 'Deutscher Anwalt Spiegel', 12 December 2018 [Issue 25], p. 9 f. "The digital twin – virtuality beats reality", FRANKFURT BUSINESS MEDIA GmbH: Friedberg
- Publication in the Zeitschrift zum Innovations- und Technikrecht (InTeR), 04 /2018 [December issue], p. 188 ff.: "The exhaust scandal. A schematic and contentual analysis of the provisions of emissions law in the European Union and Germany". Deutscher Fachverlag: Frankfurt am Main
- Articles (co-author Marie Neumann) in 'Compliance-Management – Best Practice in Compliance Management', September 2018: "Regulatory Compliance" and "Complaint Management". Erich Schmidt Verlag GmbH & Co. KG: Berlin
- Commentary in the 'Handelsblatt', 25 November 2018: "Why the brakes are still on for e-scooters in Germany". Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt GmbH & Co. KG (VHB): Düsseldorf
- Publication in ‘LEAD Digital’, 01/2017, p. 38 f.: “Wer haftet bei einem Hacker-Angriff?” ("Who is liable when there is a hacker attack?") Süddeutscher Verlag: Munich